Free 15 minute Consultation
Our doctors offers complimentary 15 minute consultations to discuss your individual needs. Please book online or call to schedule.
New Patient Appointment
Initial appointments last approximately one hour. A thorough history and physical exam will be completed and you will leave with a comprehensive treatment plan that has been created specifically for you.
What you need for your appointment:
New patients are asked to complete the new patient form and email it prior to your visit or bring in the completed form to your appointment. Other important documents you should bring are your insurance card, recent lab work or medical records and a list of medicines you are currently taking.
Follow up visits last between 30-45 minutes. These visits continue to adjust your treatment to create the most effective healthcare for you.
New patient appointments with an acute condition last about 30-45 minutes. Established patients will usually last under 30 minutes. One Family Medicine attempts to get our patients feeling better with same day appointments for acute conditions. If you need to be seen the same day please CALL the office directly to schedule.
Dr Pratt is available for phone consultations. Please call for more information.
Our doctors are available to answer questions regarding your current treatment plan via phone or email. There is also has a “Sick Child” line that is dedicated to supporting parents when their children are sick and can be called after office hours.
What is unique about the health care I will receive with One Family Medicine?
- Time: Expect 75 minutes for your first appointment, 30 minutes for each return visit.
- Comprehensive: thorough and in depth, investigative, allowing for individual treatments, refer when necessary
- Dedication: Dr. Pratt and Dr Guaraldi pride themselves in creating long term relationships with patients and their families. From a cold to a chronic disease, they are here to answer questions, offer support and work with your on going health care.
How are Naturopathic Physicians (N.D.) trained?
- After receiving a bachelor’s degree emphasizing the basic pre-medical sciences, Naturopathic Doctors complete a rigorous four-year doctoral medical program at an accredited university (see links page). Naturopathic training includes 2 years of basic medical sciences—anatomy, physiology, pathology, diagnosis, biochemistry– followed by completion of the national basic science board exams. The last 2 years, or clinical component, emphasizes western study of disease, diagnosis, and treatments with treatment focus on natural therapeutics totaling over 3500 classroom hours.
- Naturopathic therapies and principles are the emphasis of the training, but conventional medical practices are largely incorporated to provide appropriate choices for the patient and stronger education for the doctors. Internship includes 1500 hours of supervised direct clinical experience as well as 250 hours of outside observational training in private practice or hospital settings.
- Upon graduation and completion of rigorous national and individual state board exams, ND’s are granted a license as Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (N.D.) and are qualified to work as primary care physicians.
- Naturopathic Doctors are trained as primary care providers; the first-line family practitioner for diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic conditions. We emphasize the need for gentle and effective first, with drugs and surgery being the last resort. Naturopathic Doctors excel in serving those whose treatment by conventional medicine has not met their needs by providing alternative choices, as well as integrating alternative therapies with conventional practices.
Does One Family Medicine accept health insurance
- Yes! Our doctors are considered preferred providers (in network) for many insurance plans. Call or email our office with your insurance information and we will verify your benefits prior to your first appointment. If one of our doctors is not a preferred provider on your plan, we are happy to bill your insurance as an “out of network” provider. Many companies have great benefits for services outside their network of providers. We also have a time-of-service discount for patients paying out of pocket.
Do we offer discounts?
- Yes! Discounts at One Family Medicine are available for patients paying out of pocket. All patients paying out of pocket receive a substantial discount from our insurance rates when they pay at the time of their appointment. In addition, we offer the following:
What about lab work and diagnostic imaging?
- Our doctors can draw blood and order the necessary lab work. Lab results will be sent to the doctor to be interpreted and discussed with you. As for diagnostic imaging, ND’s will order the appropriate imaging for your case. Our doctors have strong relationships with specialists in the medical community. This will allow you to have optimal care, with all your options discussed with you. This will allow you to make informed decisions about your health.
Can Naturopathic Doctors prescribe prescription drugs?
- Yes. In Oregon, naturopathic physicians have a large pharmaceutical formulary that allows for comprehensive healthcare for you and your family. Licensed ND’s are well trained in pharmacology and will provide you with in depth information on the drugs you are currently taking, as well as any possible interactions between them or other herbs and vitamins used. Naturopathic doctors are uniquely qualified to assist patients in the transition between pharmaceuticals and more holistic medicines when deemed safe and appropriate
A List of Services most people are surprised we offer:
- Woman’s Annual Exam- including PAP smears and STD testing
- Physicals- for sports team, summer camps or work
- Hormone testing
- Birth control counseling and options, including oral contraceptives
- Pediatric care- well baby exams, acute illness care and allergies
- Vaccine Education and Consultation for your child
- Alternative health care choices for pregnant, post-partum or lactating women
- Home visits- including sick child, well baby and post partum visits
Treatment Modalities Used At One Family Medicine
- Lifestyle and Nutritional Counselling