Optimal Health, Thriving Kids
Dr. Kathleen (or “Dr. K” as the little patients call her) specializes in naturopathic pediatrics, treating children of all ages. She takes extra time to understand what is underlying issues that your children are dealing with. Offering gentle, safe and effective alternatives to medications that will restore optimal function of the body and restore health. Dr K loves to collaborate with your pediatrician, and provides an integrative, individualized treatment plan that will work for your child and you.
Dr Kathleen has more than a decade of experience to share with her families in Hood River and the Columbia Gorge communities and the greater Portland area.
Well versed in conventional medicine, Dr. Kathleen also works in cooperation with your child’s pediatrician or medical specialist. In addition to providing treatment, she takes time to explain your child’s diagnosis and will help you navigate the complex medical system.
Well Child Visits and Preventative Care
Dr Kathleen knows that the foundation of good health begins in childhood, and that the best gift you could give your children is a lifetime of wellness. At these visits we will discuss nutrition, vaccinations, how to prevent common illnesses, developmental milestones, and what to expect in the months or year to come. Bring your questions to these visits and we will discuss your concerns in depth.
- Common concerns in infancy: colic, reflux, failure to thrive
- Eczema, acne, diaper rash, ringworm, warts and other skin conditions
- Sleep problems, bed wetting, nightmares and night terrors
- Chronic or recurrent ear infections
- Frequent colds/illnesses
- Allergies and hay fever
- Growing pains
- Tummy troubles: belly aches, constipation, diarrhea, soiling
- Celiac disease, cystic fibrosis, lactose intolerance, and food allergies
- Growth problems
- ADHD and other behavior problems
- Anxiety, depression, childhood stress, bullying, PTSD, separation anxiety, eating disorders
- Bone and joint problems: Osgood Schlatter, Legg-Calve-Perthes disease, SCFE, Sever’s disease, scoliosis,
tendinitis, shin splints, sports injuries, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and others…
- Childhood cancer